People are often judged by their looks among many other things. While attitude and personality matter a lot, what you project on the outside creates a good first impression that leads to various opportunities for you. You might say that you’re not a movie star and don’t need that look of perfection. However, a youthful, beautiful smile can generate a positive impact in many ways. It could be a better job offer, more career options and an improved social life. It can even be a new relationship that gives your life new meaning. The good news is that a beautiful smile can be achieved with cosmetic dentistry. With the right doctor, you can cosmetically alter the appearance of your teeth, so a beautiful smile follows.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do for You
Cosmetic dentistry offers lots of different ways to achieve a picture-perfect smile. Worrying over stained/discolored teeth? Brooding over missing teeth? Bothered about the gap between your teeth? All of these cosmetic flaws can be effectively addressed by cosmetic dentistry. Here are some cosmetic dentistry treatments and the tooth imperfections they address.
- Teeth whitening – This is an effective whitening treatment for natural teeth. Custom bleaching trays is one teeth whitening method that lightens the teeth effectively.
- Dental Veneers – These are thin, tooth-colored shells that either follow or enhance the shape of your tooth. A veneer is bonded over the visible side of a tooth, thus, covering a wide range of cosmetic flaws. Veneers can mask gaps, misalignment, chips, cracks, stains and many more dental imperfections.
- Porcelain Crowns – Dental crowns are restorations that serve to strengthen and protect a worn out or decayed tooth with healthy roots. They come in different types, but porcelain crowns have become very popular nowadays because they greatly mimic the natural appearance of the teeth. Porcelain crowns offer a unique combination of function and aesthetics.
- Dental Implants – If you’ve lost a tooth, dental implants are a great solution. A dental implant replaces a lost tooth in its entirety, meaning the tooth replacement includes artificial tooth roots. Dental implants provide a highly stable, long lasting tooth replacement that give patients the look and feel of a natural tooth.
- Tooth Colored Fillings –Smiling, speaking, and laughing with a metal or silver amalgam filling doesn’t look good because these fillings tend to darken over time. Tooth colored fillings solve this problem by giving you aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking fillings.
What a Good Cosmetic Dentist Can Do
It is important to find the right dentist to take care of your smile. A good cosmetic dentist should not only have the right skills and experience, but also have creativity and an eye for art. Your cosmetic dentist should consider the patient’s bite, oral health condition, and entire facial symmetry. He should also have the desire to create beautiful, lasting smiles for his patients. Consider the fact that there are things that can be learned, but there are also qualities inherent in a person. A positive, caring attitude combined with creativity, skill, and experience make up an excellent cosmetic dentist.
For cosmetic dentistry in Lexington, SC, visit us, at Dr. Brad Pitts Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Pitts and our team truly care about your smile and the health of your teeth. We are also well-trained and experienced to handle a variety of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Contact us today, so we can discuss your beautiful smile transformation.
Photo Credit: Identity Station