Would you care for a cup of tea? You’d probably want to answer yes, yet are hesitant to do so because of the staining effects of tea on your teeth. So, what do you do? You just happen to love tea, yet also want to keep your teeth white. Here are some helpful tips, to enjoy your cup of tea while preventing it from staining your teeth.
Tea and Teeth Whitening
• Rinse your mouth immediately after drinking your tea. Excuse yourself from the ladies and gentlemen on the table and head to the nearest comfort room. Sip water and swish it around your mouth to wash off tea stains and prevent them from penetrating deep within the teeth.
• If possible, try to drink your tea quickly. This reduces the chance for tea to penetrate the enamel of your teeth. The less time your teeth are exposed to tea, the less damage or discoloration your teeth get.
• If you can choose between hot or cold tea, choose the latter. Hot drinks have the tendency to stain the enamel of your teeth more easily.
• Use a straw when you’re drinking iced tea. This reduces the exposure of your teeth to staining.
• Maintain good oral hygiene. This involves proper brushing and flossing, as well as taking regular visits to the dentist. Brushing after meals prevents plaque and stain buildup on your teeth. Flossing, likewise, removes food debris stuck between teeth that may cause stains. Rinsing your mouth with water after drinking tea, must be followed by brushing as soon as you get the chance.
• Choose the lesser evil. Teas come in many variations such as green tea, herbal tea, white tea, black tea, and many more. Black tea is considered to be the most notorious in staining the teeth. Try to avoid black tea, if you don’t want your teeth to stain. You may choose other options like white or green tea among others.
• Make your own whitening concoction at home. Mix a strawberry with baking soda and water. Apply this edible paste on your teeth, and leave for about 5 minutes. Rinse and brush your teeth afterwards. This mixture is a whitening remedy that you can always make, to remove stains and plaque.
• Take advantage of dentist supervised teeth whitening treatments.
Dentists use high grade products and machines for teeth whitening. Dentists like Dr. Brad Pitts can give you custom bleaching trays to be worn at home. This teeth whitening
treatment has been proven to be safe and effective, and are great at preventing tea stains to settle on your teeth.
Let’s Celebrate Life with a Tea Party
It is possible to enjoy your cup of tea while keeping your teeth stain-free. Life is too short be deprived of certain pleasures like tea drinking. You can always visit your dentist and take advantage of teeth whitening
treatments available to you. Celebrate life with a tea party with friends. Just be sure to take care of your teeth afterwards.
Image Courtesy Pinterest